“Ray, pretend for a moment that I don’t know anything about metallurgy, engineering, or physics, and just tell me what the h-ll is going on.”
– Peter Venkman, Ph.D., Ghostbusters, 1984
Welcome to the Mathaudhu Research Lab Website! Our lab studies the underpinning mechanisms behind fundamental processing-microstructure-property-performance relationships in metallic and composite materials.
Some of our current focus areas include:
- Ultrafine-grained and nanostructured materials by severe plastic deformation
- Microstructural optimization and homogenization
- Consolidation of metastable particulate materials
- Processing-microstructure-property relationships of refractory metals and lightweight metals
- Thermally stable nanocrystalline materials
Additionally, we like to share our enthusiasm for science and engineering with the youth in our local communities through the science of superheroes.
- Check out our feature in CNN’s Great Big Story Mini Documentary! https://www.greatbigstory.com/stories/metals-man
- Heather Salvador successfully passes PhD qualifying examination to become PhD candidate – September 2019
- Dr. Suveen Mathaudhu awarded Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers – July 2019 – https://insideucr.ucr.edu/awards/2019/07/09/white-house-honors-two-ucr-professors-early-career-award