“Ray, pretend for a moment that I don’t know anything about metallurgy, engineering, or physics, and just tell me what the h-ll is going on.”
– Peter Venkman, Ph.D., Ghostbusters, 1984
Welcome to the Mathaudhu Research Lab Website! Our lab studies the underpinning mechanisms behind fundamental processing-microstructure-property-performance relationships in metallic and composite materials.
Some of our current focus areas include:
- Ultrafine-grained and nanostructured materials by severe plastic deformation
- Microstructural optimization and homogenization
- Consolidation of metastable particulate materials
- Processing-microstructure-property relationships of refractory metals and lightweight metals
- Thermally stable nanocrystalline materials
Additionally, we like to share our enthusiasm for science and engineering with the youth in our local communities through the science of superheroes.
For more information, please visit the “Research” and “Outreach” pages.
- Anqi Yu, Christian Roach, Evander Ramos and Erik Sease successfully pass their PhD defenses! Congratulations Dr Yu, Dr Roach, Dr Ramos and Dr Sease!
- Heather Salvador successfully passes PhD defense! Congratulations Dr. Salvador – August 2021
- The Mathaudhu Lab has moved to Colorado School of Mines! (June 2021)
- Madelyn Madrigal Camacho successfully passes PhD qualifying examination to become a PhD candidate – September 2020
- NPR’s All Things Considered featured Dr. Suveen Mathaudhu’s comments on some recent research on razor blade dulling. https://www.npr.org/2020/08/06/898577234/cutting-edge-research-shows-how-hair-dulls-razor-blades
- Check out our feature in CNN’s Great Big Story Mini Documentary! https://www.greatbigstory.com/stories/metals-man